In light of the developing Coronavirus pandemic, Archbishop Perez has made the decision to suspend the public celebration of all Masses in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia for the time being.
As your Pastor and Shepherd, I want the best for all our parishioners. We are following the guidelines and recommendations from the Archdiocese, those in health care and government positions. Below are the recommendations we are following until further notice.
- Priests are to continue to offer Holy Mass on Sunday and weekdays privately. Justice and charity require that the Mass intentions already in place during this period be honored. The priests will fulfill the Mass intentions during their private
- Churches can remain open as a location for private prayer. On Mondays during Lent, adoration will take place from 8:30am until the 7:00pm for those who wish to come and pray especially at this time of crisis in our world.
- Baptisms, Confessions, Marriages, and Funerals will take place as usual but with due regard for the limitation of participants and reasonable social distancing.
- All visits to the sick with Holy Communion, including in private homes, by priests deacon, and extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion are suspended.
- We have suspended all parish activities until further notice.
- FYI: On Sunday, March 15th, the Archdiocese featured a live streaming broadcast of the 11:00am Mass on its website (www.archphila.org) and Archbishop Perez’s Facebook page for the benefit of those wishing to participate in the liturgy remotely. This broadcast will continue each Sunday on an ongoing basis.
- We continue to keep the Lower Church and Upper Church clean and disinfected.
- PLEASE, PLEASE pray that God will keep safe those affected with COVID-19, our first responders, those treating the virus, our government and Church officials.
- If you wish to drop of your weekly donation, you can drop it off in the rectory drop off box behind the black gate. If you wish to enroll in e-giving, go to the parish website (sainthelenaparish.net) and click on GIVE at the top of the page. Click on create new account and fill in the information.
- See our parish website: sainthelenaparish.net for further information and a digital copy of the bulletin.
- Rectory office hours: 9:00am to 12:00pm (Monday through Friday).
All of us need to do our part to slow the spread of this illness.
Thank you and may God bless and protect you and your family.